Olathe Station Art Fair
A “New Art Destination” for exibiting artists and art lovers is arriving on June 9 &10 of 2018! You won’t want to miss this 1st annual outdoor Fine Art Fair located just outside of Kansas City, in beautiful Olathe, Kansas. The goal of the OLATHE STATION ART FAIR is to enrich the lives of others by exhibiting quality art as well as promoting the advancement & appreciation of the visual arts throughout the Midwest & beyond. Our event also features live muscians, food & drinks, vendors, restaurants & hotels all within a beautiful new outdoor venue. If you intend to submit for two medium catagories, you will need to submit two applications which allows you to display (5) additional images seen by the jury. Artist Hospitality Volunteers are available to allow for breaks. Easy access set-up in shopping center parking lot and convenient artist off-site parking.
- Nov. 1, 2017 Online Application Available
- March 15, 2018 Application due by 12:00 am CST
- April 1, 2018 Jury Notification- Sent via e-mail, your Zapp account and website: www.olathestationartfair.org
- May 1, 2018 Booth Fees Due
- May 2018 Booth assignments and artist information to artists.
We are looking for 50 to 75 artists 18yrs and up, that will be selected by a jury. There will be a waiting list. The non-refundable application fee is 25.00 & must be paid at time of application by 3/15/18.
All artists must submit 3 good quality images of the art to be displayed, as well as 1 booth shot.
There will be 3 First Place awards in the categories of 2D,3D, and Photography. All recipients will be notified at the hospitality center following the Saturday showing.
We will provide lunches for our artists both days.
Ceramics – Art objects, either functional or decorative of earthenware, porcelain, or tile, made by shaping and then firing. No machine-made or mass produced work is permitted.
Digital – Pictures made with the assistance of computers. Computer graphics are often made with software called drawing, painting, illustrating and photographic programs or applications.
Drawing/Pastels – Drawings are works on paper using pencil, crayon, ink, charcoal, pastels and a variety of other marking media.
Fiber – Includes artwork from fibers such as basketry, embroidery, weaving, leatherwork, tapestry and papermaking.
Glass – Glassworks that are functional or decorative by design and are kiln formed or crafted by glass blowing, molding or casting. Works may be etched or engraved.
Jewelry – Creating artwork through the forging, twisting and fabricating of various metals. All jewelry, produced from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, plastic or other materials should apply in this catagory. No commercial molds, casts or production studio work is permitted.
Metal – Creating artwork througfh the forging, twisting and fabricating of various metals.
Two-Dimetional Mixed Media – Works that incorperate more than oneone type of physical material in their production. Works should include more than one of the following: Paint, pencil, watercolor, photography, printmaking or drawing.
Thee-Dimensional Mixed Media – Works that incorperate more than one type of physical material in their production. Works should include more than one of the following: Clay work, fiber, glass, metal, wood, or any other 3-D objects.
Painting: Oil/Acrylic – Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface, with oil and or acrylic paint or sticks.
Painting: Watercolor – Creation of a still life, portrait, landscape, abstract or other image on a flat surface with watercolors.
Photography – Process of capturing images of objects by the action of light, then printing the images, by chemical or digital means, onto a flat surface. Negatives must be the artist’s original and processed either by the artist or under his/her direct supervision.
Printmaking/Graphics – Printmaking is a transfer process of producing original art, usually in multiples. It involves creating a drawing or other composition on a surface other than paper, from transfer to paper.
Sculpture – Three dimensional works done in any medium.
Wood – Art objects, either functional or decorative, hand tooled or machine worked, turned or carved.
Entry level sponsorship in the Olathe Station Art Fair is a prime opportunity to join this event at the ground level. This is your opportunity to build your local brand and bring thousands of potential customers to your business.
The Olathe Station Art Fair on Saturday June 9th from 10am to 8pm, and, Sunday June 10th from 10am until 4pm.
Organizers, “The First Art Gallery of Olathe” and “The Olathe Visual Artists Association, 501C3 non-profit”, are collaborating in efforts to bring an event that we believe may have 10,000+ patrons. In thinking big, big things happen. And the event will need supporters like you to be a big success. This event will take a lot of time and money to organize and promote. Your donations will only be spent on the event costs.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities click here.
Olathe is the fifth largest city in Kansas and the third largest suburb in the Kansas City metro. Anchored by Super Target and AMC 24 Theaters, Olathe Station is the largest collection of entertainment and restaurants in the trade area and brings more than 1 million consumers located within a 20-mile radius.
- Less than half a mile away from Interstate 35 and 1.5 miles away from Interstate 435, one of the major freeways in the Kansas City metro area with a daily traffic count of over 114,000 drivers
- The average household income in the trade area is projected to increase from $80,778 to $87,032 in the next five years
- Daytime population is strong with more than 63,000 employees in a 3-mile radius
- The intersection at 119th Street and Blackbob Road sees a daily combined traffic count of over 62,255 drivers
- Daytime population is strong with more than 69,896 employees in a 3-mile radius
119th and Strangline Rd Olathe, Kansas
(Midwest) Phone: 307-413-7121
Event Dates: 6/9/18 – 6/10/18 Application Deadline: 3/15/18 Midnight CST
As a participating Artist, this is a prime opportunity to sell your product and build a following.
The Olathe Station Art Fair will be a juried event. Judging will be conducted by Regional/National experts in their media.
Olathe Station Art Fair artist entry is managed through ZAPP. You will need to create an account on ZAPP and then upload digital images of your art for the jury process. A jury fee of $25 is required.
To apply for entry in the show, follow this link: https://www.zapplication.org/register.php
1. All work in every catagory must be original work produced by the exhibiting artist.
2. Work which has been produced by commercial kits, mold, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms or other commercial methods is not permitted.
3. Signed and numbered limited edition off set prints are allowed and can be displayed in a portfolio, but may not be hung and must be marked as “reproductions”.
4. Photographers must print their own photography or be directly involved in and supervise the printing process.
5. All hanging work must be suitably framed. Portfolios are permitted for matted work. Gallery wrapped must be atleast 1 1/2″ depth sides.
6. Artists may only exhibit and sell work in media category for which they are accepted.
7. Non-original promotional items (i.e. postcards, photocopies, notecards, posters, mousepads, etc.) are not permitted to be displayed or sold at the show.
8. All jewelry must have been juried in the jewelry category.
9. Artists must be present to exhibit. an authorized sitter may assist the artist with fair board approval omly.
10. A picture ID is required at artist check-in.
11. The jury committee reserves the right to refuse exhibition of work that is not consistent with submitted slides and the rules listed above. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from fair with no refund.
Check-in and set up of tents and art work begins at 7:00am on 6/9/2018. The artist or an authorized booth sitter must man the tent throughout the scheduled event hours.
All booth spaces must be 10X10 white tents, with a max of 3 secured walls for display.The booth fee is 125.00 & is due by 5/1/18, it is non-refundable.
Artists are to price their own artwork, and can keep all proceeds generated by the sale of their artwork, and are responsible for collecting sales tax on all items sold.
An artist packet will be distributed on the morning of the event at hospitality center located at The First Art Gallery of Olathe. An official (artist name and booth number) sign must be displayed promenantly by 11:00am on Saturday to be considered for an award.
Booths are easily accessed by parking next to the event space. Artists are asked to remove their vehicle after unloading to parking designated for artists during the event and to keep the event parking accessible to as many patrons as possible.